Evan E. Zelig, Attorney
Evan E. Zelig graduated from the University of California, Irvine, and earned his law degree at McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California. During law school, Mr. Zelig worked as an intern at the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office, gaining invaluable experience in litigation and presenting cases in a courtroom setting.
From the very beginning, Mr. Zelig practiced criminal law exclusively. Immediately after law school, Mr. Zelig worked as a Deputy District Attorney in Sacramento, representing the People of the State of California through all phases of criminal prosecution. This opportunity allowed Mr. Zelig to polish his trial skills and to see firsthand how the District Attorney's Office handles criminal cases.
After Mr. Zelig left the District Attorney's Office in Sacramento, he began criminal defense work at a national criminal defense law firm located in Los Angeles. During this time, he defended clients facing a wide range of serious felonies, such as murder, rape, kidnapping, robbery, and assault. He has handled cases in state and federal courts all across the nation, including in California, Arizona, Washington, New York, Florida, and Oklahoma, to name a few.
Mr. Zelig then decided to accept a job as an Associate Attorney for a sole practitioner in Encino, California. At this busy criminal defense practice, Mr. Zelig tackled cases ranging from DUIs and petty theft to serious felonies such as murder and kidnapping. Mr. Zelig has also worked on many Three Strikes cases as well as charges involving gang and weapons allegations.
Mr. Zelig then decided to return to Northern California to open up his own practice, the Law Offices of Evan E. Zelig. Located in the heart of Sonoma County near the Hall of Justice Courthouse and Jail Detention Facilities, Mr. Zelig accepts criminal cases from all across California.
- J.D. - McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
- B.A. - University of California, Irvine
- State of California (all courts)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- Member of the California Public Defender Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice (CACJ)
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Napa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- NORML Legal Committee
- California NORML Legal Committee
Call Mr. Zelig at (707) 418-5352 to discuss your criminal charges.