Santa Rosa DUI Causing Injury Lawyer
DUI Causing Injury in California
Being accused of driving under the influence (DUI) can be devastating for your reputation, driving privileges, finances, and freedom. Being accused of a “DUI causing injury” as it is known in California is downright catastrophic. If you are facing such a charge, it is time for you to contact our Santa Rosa DUI causing injury lawyer.
What makes us the right choice for your case?
- We have more than a decade of experience.
- We have handled thousands of criminal cases.
- Attorney Zelig has been named to Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠.
- Past clients have consistently given us high praise.
Working with our Santa Rosa DUI causing injury attorney can take the stress of the situation right off your shoulders. Whether you believe you caused an accident that injured someone or not, we intend on minimizing the potential consequences, right up to a case dismissal when possible.
Your first case review is free – schedule yours today by calling (707) 418-5352
DUI Causing Injury Penalties in California
According to California legal statutes, a “DUI causing injury” charge can be classified as either a misdemeanor or a felony. The charges will be escalated depending on your tested blood alcohol content (BAC) level at the time of your arrest, your driving record, how extensive the reported injuries were, and other factors unique to your case.
A misdemeanor DUI causing injury can be penalized with:
- 5 days to 364 days in jail
- Up to $5,000 in fines
- Up to 30 months in California “DUI school”
- 1 to 3 year license suspension
Felony DUI causing injury convictions might include:
- 2 to 4 years in prison; 5 to 10 if someone suffered serious injury
- Up to 3 additional years if multiple people are harmed
- One “Strike” under California’s Three Strike Law
- Up to $5,000 in fines but no less than $1,000
- 18 or 30 month DUI schooling
- 5 year revocation – not suspension – of driver’s license
In both misdemeanors and felonies, the decision of the criminal court can be to order the offender to pay for the victim’s recovery. For serious injuries, this could mean paying tens of thousands of dollars or more in medical bills in addition to other penalties.
When You Need a Fighter In Your Corner
The heavy penalties associated with DUI causing injury could result in the destruction of your livelihood if you do nothing to defend yourself. Right away, we know you will see the difference our tenacity, knowledge, and know-how can make for your DUI case.
Rather than hesitating and wondering what can be done, pick up the phone and call (707) 418-5352 to connect with our Santa Rosa DUI causing injury lawyer.
15+ Years' Experience in Criminal Law
Prompt Response Times
Aggressive, Proactive Approach to Handling Cases
Hands-On Guidance & Support Through the Criminal Justice System
“I can't speak any higher about my experience with Evan”- Matt
“Evan is very knowledgeable, knows a lot of people in Sonoma County.”- Michael
“I definitely recommend him to anybody!”- Chloe D.