Teamsters Legal Services
Attorney Evan E. Zelig is proud to have been selected to serve as a Teamsters Panel Attorney in Northern California for the Western Conference of Teamsters Legal Services Fund. Experienced and dedicated criminal defense representation covered under the plan is now available a no cost to Teamsters union members and their eligible dependents from the Law Offices of Evan E. Zelig. Evan Zelig represents Teamster employees of a wide variety of employers including:
Teamster Union Members
If you have a case that is covered under the Western Conference of Teamsters Legal Services plan you pay absolutely no fees in connection with your representation by our office. You may be required to pay for certain minimal costs not covered by the plan. Teamsters Panel Attorney Evan E. Zelig will discuss this further with you at your initial consultation.
Services Covered by the Teamsters Legal Services Trust Fund
Law Offices of Evan E. Zelig, P.C. will represent Teamster union members free of charge. The legal services covered by the Western Conference of Teamsters Legal Services Trust Fund we will provide to Teamster members are:
- Criminal Traffic & DUI Matters: This benefit is available to participant families on the basis of one proceeding per year. Coverage under this benefit is provided for traffic misdemeanor defense, including driving under the influence (DUI) defense, whether relating to adults or juveniles. Coverage is provided for representation through arraignment and bail setting, entry of pleas, motions directed to the charge, appearances, hearings, trial and sentencing. Representation is also available to file a notice of appeal, but in no event will the benefit include an appeal of the action.
- Traffic Matters: This benefit is available to participant families on the basis of three (3) hours per calendar year. This benefit includes advice, consultation, and representation in connection with traffic violations.
- Administrative Proceedings: This benefit is available to participant families on an “as needed” basis. Benefits under this section include advice and representation in matters involving federal, state and local governmental agencies. Teamsters Panel Attorney Evan E. Zelig typically represents Teamster union member clients before the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) regarding drivers' license suspensions.
Charged with a Crime or Facing a Legal Issue? Follow These Steps:
- Call Teamsters Panel Attorney Evan E. Zelig at (707) 418-5352
- After speaking with you briefly to confirm eligibility, we will send you a copy of the Western Conference of Teamsters Legal Services Trust Fund claim form. Please complete this form as soon as possible;
- Email the complete claim form to email@example.com or fax it to (707) 636-3251;
- After we receive your completed form we will call the Western Conference of Legal Services Trust Fund to open your claim and obtain a claim number.
- Once your claim has been opened we will call you to set up an appointment that will accommodate your schedule.
About the Teamsters Legal Services Plan
In the past, Union members have been hesitant to use the services of an attorney because of a concern about legal fees. Thus, the Legal Services Trust Fund pays legal fees on the basis of a schedule established by the Board of Trustees and adopted by participating attorneys like Law Offices of Evan E. Zelig, P.C.. The Trustees urge you to take full advantage of the opportunity to have an attorney on your side.
Who Is Eligible?
Coverage is available to regular full-time and part-time employees for the month following each month for which contributions have been paid into the Trust Fund. The following dependents are eligible: spouses, unmarried children under age 19, and unmarried children over age 19 who are disabled. Matters that arose before eligibility are covered provided that you have not consulted with an attorney before the effective date of coverage.
If you have specific questions about your plan, please contact the Western Conference of Teamsters Legal Services Trust Fund at 1-800-222-3025.
Teamsters Panel Attorney Evan E. Zelig Can Help!
Attorney Evan Zelig can help you if you are charged with a criminal offense. We represent teamster union members throughout Sonoma County, Marin County, Napa County, Sacramento County, Lake County, Mendocino County, and Solano County. You can receive top criminal defense representation with no legal fees as part of your Teamster benefits!
To learn more about teamsters legal services, contact us today by calling (707) 418-5352.
Looking for a criminal defense attorney who will fight for you every step of the way? Press play on the video to the right and gain valuable insights on how the Law Offices of Evan E. Zelig can help you. Our experienced attorney is here to guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights. Don't wait any longer, press play now and take the first step towards protecting your future.
15+ Years' Experience in Criminal Law
Prompt Response Times
Aggressive, Proactive Approach to Handling Cases
Hands-On Guidance & Support Through the Criminal Justice System
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (707) 418-5352.